Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC)Hydroxyethyl cellulose is a non-ionic water-soluble polymer that thickens, binds, forms a thin coating, emulsifies, stabilizes, disperses, retains water and provides a protective colloid. It is a rheological modifier derived from cellulose, a compound found in plant cell walls. It dissolves easily in water and forms liquids of various viscosity. Due to its colloidal action, hydroxyethyl cellulose is used in gels, sols, and lotions and is therefore widely used in beauty products and personal care products. It is used to make clear gels and the aqueous phase of thickening cosmetic lotions.
It is thought to have thickening properties and is used effectively in the production of many shampoos, conditioners, body washes, hair gels, hand sanitizers, body washes, body lotions and moisturizers. In cosmetics, polymers or gels are known to provide stability and thickness, thereby improving appearance and texture. R grade hydroxyethyl cellulose is used in the cosmetic industry because it does not form clumps when it dissolves in water. The temperature and pH value of water also determine the rate of hydroxyethyl cellulose dissolution in water.
Benefits of HEC in hair care products
- It helps enhance other active mechanisms in hair care formulas.
- It easily and evenly forms a thin protective coating on the surface of your hair.
- This water-soluble polymer provides colloidal protection for hair care products
- It will do a better job of keeping your hair soft and smooth without making it greasy and flaky.
- It creates softer creams and lotions with hair care formulations that enhance cleansing properties.
- It is an excellent thickener that can improve the texture and appearance of hair care products by changing the viscosity of hair care products.
Celotech Co.Ltd is a leading cellulose manufacturer&supplier in China. We have a series of products for hair care. If you are interested in our products,please send us email by firstname.lastname@example.org or link our company website: www.celotech.com