Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose (CMC), also known as cellulose gum or Tylose, is a highly effective additive for improving product and processing characteristics in various fields of application. It functions as a thickener, water retainer, emulsifier, stabilizer, protective colloid, suspending agent, gelling agent, and flow control agent. It is also used as film-forming and binding agent. CMC is widely used in construction, gas driling, the food, ceramics, industrial paints , personal care products,etc.
Properties of Celopro CMC:
- Easy dissolve in cold and hot water, stable viscosity.
- Possess good emulsion and solid dispersing capabilities.
- Form firm and transparent coating.
- Not easy to deteriorate.
- Not dissolved in fat and organic solvents.
- No adverse health effects to human body.
- Stable quality in high purity products.
- Different D.S. and viscosity products.
Applications of Carboxymethyl Cellulose:
1. CMC in the Construction Material Industry
CMC is an important ionic water-soluble cellulose ether. It can be used as a retarder, water-retaining agent, thickener, and binder in building materials to improve water retention and strength. It is used for plastering gypsum, water-resistant putty, bonding gypsum, and caulking gypsum, which significantly improves its water retention and bonding strength. It also has the characteristics of good ease of mixing and no cracking.
2. Oil and Gas Drilling Industry CMC is used as a thickening agent to increase the drilling fluid s viscosity, thereby increasing the drilling fluid s suspending ability. The higher the product viscosity, the better its thickening effect; the higher the product viscosity ratio, the better it is salt resistance. CMC s low-viscosity product can control the drilling fluid in a relatively low viscosity range and reduce fluid loss.
3. Paint & Coating Industry CMC can make pigment, filler and other additives evenly dispersed in the coating, and can significantly improve the viscosity of latex paint, improve the coating leveling, splash resistance, flow hanging
4. CMC in Ceramic Industry It acts as a bonding agent to increase the green glaze s strength, reduce the drying shrinkage of the glaze, make the body and the glaze bond firmly, and prevent glaze rolling and lack of glaze. At the same time, it has a suspension function to suspend the ceramic slurry. Prevent precipitatio 5. Food Industry In food, CMC as thickener, stabilizer, dispersant, filler, etc., such as in the processing of jam, syrup, fruit dew and hot sauce when the adhesive and filler; Mayonnaise may be used as a thickener in condiments, as a stabilizer in jellies, cakes and baked goods; Used in leisure food, make the organization uniform, delicate, beautiful; Used to prevent the growth of ice crystals when making ice cream; In addition, films can be formed for the surface treatment of vegetables, fruits, eggs and tea to retain the original color and flavor for a long time.
Celotech Co.Ltd is a leading cellulose manufacturer&supplier in China. We have a series of CMC products. If you are interested in our products,please send us email by email@example.com or link our company website: www.celotech.com