Cellulose ether (CE) is commonly used as additives to improve the quality of mortars. As admixtures, It improves the properties of mortars such as water retention, workability, and open time. The water retention of mortar refers to the ability of mortar to preserve water.
The mortar with good water retention has sufficient hydration of the cement. The strength can be normalize and the base layer can be well bond. The mortar with poor water retention is easy to secrete water segregation in the process of transportation and storage, that is, water floating on the top, sand and cement sink below, and must be re-mixed before use. If the mortar has poor water retention, during the application of the mortar, as long as the ready-mixed mortar is in contact with the block or the base layer, the ready-mixed mortar is suck away.
The poor water retention capacity of the mortar has an impact on the quality of the project:
- Because the mortar loses too much water, it affects the normal coagulation and hardening of the mortar, and reduces the adhesion between the mortar and the surface. Not only is it inconvenient for the construction operation, but also the strength of the masonry is lower, so that the quality of the project is greatly reduce.
- If the mortar is poorly bond, the water is easily suck by the bricks, making the mortar too thick. When the project was implement, it not only affect the progress. But also cause the wall surface to be crack due to shrinkage. Therefore, increasing the water retention of the mortar is not only advantageous for construction, but also increases the strength.
CE’s water retention performance has several advantages:
- Make the mortar open longer. And has the advantages of large-area construction, long-term use in the barrel, batch mixing and batch use.
- Make the cement in the mortar hydrated sufficiently. And effectively improve the bonding performance of the mortar.
- Make the mortar less prone to segregation and bleeding. So that the workability and of the mortar are improve
If you have any questions, please contact : email@example.com