The existence of cellulose ether brings many influences in the construction field. Cellulose is better going with concrete, brick, block, cement board, and other types of surface. Then it is also beneficial for tile. Cellulose ether is part of the cement - based tile adhesive formula. They provide wet mortar with water retention and special rheological properties. They also largely determine the integrity of the cured adhesive. We know that methylcellulose forms a strong gel when heated in an aqueous solution. They also provide long opening times in tile adhesive formulations.Usually we judge the performance of tile adhesive. In addition to its operational performance and anti-skid ability, will also pay attention to its mechanical strength and opening time. In addition to affecting the rheological properties of ceramic glue, cellulose ether in ceramic tile adhesive application. Such as the operation of sliding performance, sticky knife state. It also has very big effect to the mechanical property of ceramic tile adhesive.
- Easy mixing without lump formationCelotech cellulose ethers as additives are vital when dry powder products are mixed by hand. The lubricating properties of Celotech cellulose ethers reduce friction between particles, saving time and making thorough dispersion easier.
- Improved workability.The lubricity of Celotech cellulose ethers improves workability, making spreading easier and increasing efficiency. Users also prefer the "feel" that cellulose products give to tile adhesives and grouts.
- Good water retentionCellulose ethers increase the water retained by the adhesive, minimizing the amount absorbed by the substrate and by the tile. This prolongs open time, and brings gains in productivity because the adhesive can be applied to a wider area. Celotech cellulose also can extend shelf life and pot-life of ready-mixed adhesives, prolonging their usefulness.
- Enhanced adhesion and sliding resistanceCelotech cellulose products enhance adhesion, even at high ratios of water to solids, ensuring a better result and preventing sagging. Celotech additives can help your products resist sliding, a benefit that tile setters will appreciate.
- Heat resistanceRedispersible polymer powders can be included in formulations using Celotech cellulose ethers to ensure that adhesives offer bonding strength after exposure to heat.