Plastering gypsum mortar is a newer, more environmentally friendly, and more economical product that replaces cement mortar. It has the strength as cement mortar, but is healthier, more environmentally friendly, and more durable than that. It has large adhesion, is not easy to powder or crack, easy to use and cost saving. In terms of unit price, plastering gypsum mortar seems to be more expensive than cement mortar, but plastering gypsum mortar has many advantages. In general, the cost per square meter plastering mortar is lower than cement mortar.
Advantages of gypsum mortar:
- Gypsum mortar has strong bonding performance, basically eliminate empty drum, cracking, and shorten the plastering construction period,.Compared with the traditional cement mortar plastering process, the efficiency is increased by 1.5-2 times.
- The bulk density of plastering gypsum mortar is 1㎏/L-1.3㎏/L, and the bulk density of cement mortar is 1.7㎏/L-1.8㎏/L. When the thickness of plastering is 13㎜-14㎜, 1 ton plastering gypsum mortar can be applied 75㎡-80㎡, while cement mortar can be applied 45㎡-48㎡.
- Gypsum mortar is A grade fireproof material, can improve the fire protection of buildings and sound insulation, heat preservation.
- It can eliminate the chiseling process on the concrete surface and shorten the plastering period.
- Gypsum mortar construction ground ash less, reduce the waste of materials and cleaning labor.
- Gypsum mortar is more suitable for construction in winter than cement mortar, which can save a lot of winter construction insulation costs.
- Gypsum plaster gives the walls and ceilings a smooth, level surface that is ready to receive paint.